Subject Author Posted Replies

Double Glazing effectiveness meter
ok so I accepted a cold call invitiation as the first ploy of the energy saving call was externally beaded windows and security, then special thermal coating for walls, but then I have a wide bedroom...
12
12

Open Reach.
Since many slag them off on here, a happy result for a change. Broadband was working as normal this morning. Went out for lunch, and noticed an amber LED flashing on the TrueCall unit when I came...
25
25

Running notebook off 5V USB supply
I have an Acer Aspire S7 - is it possible to configure the USB port so that a male USB to male USB cable with one end connected to a 5V USB female will power the notebook?
14
14

Best electrical layout
Hi All, I have an existing feed to an outside area - SWA 20mm outside diameter, pro tected by 20amp trip switch. At the moment this is terminated with a single double socket. I want to add the...
27
27

External or internal solid wood doors
What is the main practical difference between an internal or external solid wood door if the recommended treatment before and after installation appears to be the same? They both need sealing and...
2
2

NOT IGNITING/ 3 L KEEPS FLASHING
KEW 1640HA
5
5

OT: BT8500 Call Blocker Phones
I seem to recall that one or two folks in here have got the BT8500 cordless phones that have TruCall technology built in and can block unwanted calls. I know that it can be set up to answer a call,...
15
15

Remote control for roller shutter door
This is a 3-phase job where the control is non-latching and through a contactor. Does anyone have any experience with any make of transmitter and receiver system which is secure? Any suggestions?
2
2

Tower scaffold and apprentices
I was not happy when I saw this. He said it's fine - we could not be arsed to lift up the other platform. http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/9/95/20161026_124822.jpg
8
8

Dawn till dusk lantern Led bulbs.
Does anyone have any idea if an LED bulb will work in a dawn till dusk lantern? Light is off during the day. Light lights at about 1/3 brightness at dusk and stays that way unless triggered by the...
8
8

WiFi AP channels
I have just installed a bit of software which scans and records the local to me WiFi signals.... With my own AP set up to use 11, the scanner shows me on 11 + 7. If I swap the AP channel to 1, it...
3
3

Can someone ID this experiment
A jar (Petri dish I think it was) 1/2 full of liquid A. A single drop from an eyedropper charged with liquid B was dropped in the middle of liquid A. Immediately, liquid B dispersed to the sided of...
9
9

plug heights
Just curious but why did they stop fixing electric plugs about 3ft up from the floor and start fixing them to the skirting, in general.
24
24

moulded plugs
Recently I had to replace a washing machine. As always nowadays, it came with a moulded plug. As the electrical socket is above the worktop, I had to cut this plug off, feed the cable through the...
49
49

Re: EU clusterfuck
Which is maybe just as well in this case. As you clearly don't understand the points at issue. In this instance you see, the problem has arisen precisely because, unlike what you and your friends...
25
25