Subject Author Posted Replies

Drayton TRV4
Only 3 years old but the upper seal has failed. Anyone know of a reliable spares supplier? I need replacement seals (part no. 07 35 009) and the plastic pre setting key (part no. 07 35 162). Google...
5
5

low pressure shower valve
I have persevered with poor flow and temperature control from my shower for some time but recently decided to do something about it. It didn't take lo ng to find what I think is the problem. The...
5
5

Wifi extending
Local to me AP's have become so many, that I have begun experimenting with adding a second AP. AP 1 is on the top floor, is the one plugged into the broadband. AP 2 is on the ground floor, a Netgear...
9
9

Budget kitchen units
A young relative is looking to install a low-budget (actually, the lower the better) run of basic kitchen units, base and wall. Before she starts looking around, is there a standard recommendation for...
28
28

Knotting solution V Stain block
Got some softwood with lots of knots which is going to be painted. Knotting solution is expensive, but I have some Stain Block paint. Anyone tried that on resinous knots? Would it work?
11
11

Cheap blinds
I'm sure I used to get aluminium horizontal blinds from Dunelm for about a tenner. 6*4 ft windows. Looks like they don't do them anymore. Any similar alternatives?
1
1

Mounting a hand rail.
The solution was to use plastic connector blocks. Screw 2 stacked blocks to the rail lengthways, then 2 stacked blocks to the support beam similarly.. Then bolt both sets of blocks together, side by...
1
1

OT: Dropped mobile phone in water
I have rescued drowned phones before and an apple macbook air by the use of a fan oven at 50 degees C.
35
35

OT: Eyesight
Bod reckons he can't read this numberplate. Grounds for removal of his license? ;-) Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never...
30
30

CH status panel?
I have long had an urge to buy or build a small panel with a row of LED's which shows the status of my CH system and wonder if anyone has done something similar? Idea is to be able to quickly diagnose...
25
25

Basin tap handle screws
My dad's been trying to get the handles off their kitchen taps (to clean the algae off - again), and pretty much destroyed the screw head on one of them. I'll probably be able to find a way to get it...
4
4

Smart meters - a question
[Quick note - I am typing this on my tablet using tightVNC because I still haven't found a news client on Android which suits me.]Anyway does anyone know how gas smart meters are powered? Either they...
53
53

Online Video Door Bell with 2 way audio
Thinking of fitting one of these so that I can take care of important, but frustratingly difficult to schedule, deliveries, i.e. send them to a truste d neighbour (having wasted whole half days just...
5
5

What do people think about Texacom alarms?
Hi, I am thinking about replacing my Scantronics 9800 house alarm which I insta lled in 2000. I have been looking at the Texacom Premier Elite range and w as wondering if anyone had any experience of...
5
5

Wiring up bathroom mirror.
I'm fitting one of those illuminated, heated bathroom mirrors in our new bathroom. It's going over the top of where the shaver point presently is (the new mirror has a built-in shaver point) and I'm...
29
29