Subject Author Posted Replies

Cycle storage solution
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwfivb_WIAAFKcp.jpg
24

Cold Radiators
Hi All, I have an issue with a couple of my downstairs radiators in that they never seem to warm up completely, namely they are cool at the bottom and warmish at the top (but never toasty). I'm...
6
6

Further the Brian's "Costing the Earth". (Nuclear power).
This bears a look at. The lies about nuclear power economics that only came out when they were appraised for privatisation. Nuclear power has a whole history of lies about it's true costs. And have...
6
6

Compression ratio
What sort of compression ratios would LPG work best at? I noticed a diesel in the conversion shop this morning. Is butane high octane. I imagine it is better than alcohol but don't have a clue where...
6
6

Getting a plumbing nut back on!
I can not get the nut to go back on the radiator valve/tail. Why I don't kn ow... nothing's been changed that end, it got a new TRV the other end. The nut just begins to grip a little then lets go....
13
13

Repeated power outages - how to resolve root cause
My office has just had a power failure (one phase down, so lost power on one floor). We had low voltage (around 208v according to the UPS) from 15:00 and finally lost power at 19:30. This is the third...
2
2

Self tappers for uPVC conservatory
Any one with experience of screwing... into conservatory :) I want to mount some LED strips: onto the plastic "cove" that runs under the roof. 2 options, having pulled one off: It's very heavy gauge...
10
10

Too many o-ring sizes?
On trying to use a Karcher 520 pressure washer which I hadn't used for a couple of years, the output pressure was obviously low, and water was coming out of the plastic case. Looked like a seal or two...
6
6

Baxi Barcelona issues
Baxi Barcelona, under service contract - in May this year started giving intermittent ?explosive ignition? ? when it happens gives a seriously loud bang This boiler had been upgraded to 100HE spec...
17
17

Apprentice weekly update
We were in separate vans working in Epworth. At home time (I take a van home to Barnsley he has to drop the van off at the unit in Doncaster and pick up his car) The daft sod followed me northbound...
4
4

Any Health and Safety Practitioners here?
I seem to recall that if a machine tool such as a milling machine is relocated then it is deemed to then be a new instalation and must then be brought up to the current regulations on guarding,...

OT: Android startup question
Cubot is a large manufacturer, there are a few models ;-) if you want to go deep Android Forum for Mobile Phones, Tablets, Hardware & App Development Cubot Offical Website for Smartphones and...
3
3

Radiator on dry-lined wall
I've just had a 120+year-old wall replastered. The plaster was only held together by load-bearing wallpaper, so had to be done. I removed a radiator and measured and noted where the backets were to...
21
21

Cable for lighting
Agree, and in fact 1.00 mm seems to be mostly a UK thing, it certainly not used in Eire last time I looked nor France but that might have changed.
37
37

OT pets
Life would be very sterile without pets. Bill
21
21