10mm sand & cement skim

I need to add 10mm to a concrete floor to bring it up to the same level as an adjacent one.

Do I paint the surface to be raised with PVA (diluted?), or add some PVA to the sand/cement mix? Or is there a third way?

TIA

just done the same albeit a smaller area, just where the old meets new between the old cavity wall. I did both, good splosh of 50/50 water PVA on the floor and a good dollop into the screed mix, I've done it before in the old dining room and thats fine 5 yrs on

Reply to
Staffbull

In a similar application, I used a slurry of cement/PVA/water in a 2:1:1 ratio, with mortar applied on top whilst slurry still tacky. Lafarge's helpline recommended this (actually it was an outdoor application and waterproof PVA was used).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel