Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: press standards
For reasons irrelevant to the point I'm going to make, I've been studying a range of local newspapers from 1951. I mean studying them closely, dissecting individual items. It's mostly little local...
12
12

Lithium batteries
Selling a camera that has a spare Lithium battery, anyone know of how I can legally post this, as the post office refuses unless the battery is in the item being sold. I could I suppose sell without...
14
14

Replacing dead TRV
The conclusion of my question earlier this week was that a TRV on one of my downstairs radiators needs replacing. I was advised by a friend that all that is required to replace it was: 1. Turn off...
29
29

Re: aldi air compressors
Mine had a pretty cheap petrol jetwash a couple of weeks back, they do v= ery good deals now and then. -- = My ex-wife was temperamental. 90% temper and 10% mental.
6
6

Guess what did this cut:-)
He took his bandage off today. Clue - two words
20
20

OT: Amazon packaging
I know they have a limited number of box sizes, but whoever packed this was completely daft. http://i67.tinypic.com/jievzs.jpg
12
12

Fitting a carpet
I need to carpet a room, going to use it as an office. I know a guy who will do it cheap but he's always busy. I would have thought that the cutting was where the skill was but this room hasn't any...
4
4

Payback time on new CH?
Brief background; visiting a friend with very old central heating - reminds me of what was in our last house when we moved in in 1984. An old Glow-worm 85 100 floor standing lump of iron. Kettles like...
17
17

Adjusting old upvc "flag" hinges - a lost cause?
Hi, I replaced old, split, upvc flipper gasket on a upvc door with type R6346X. The gasket fitted in the groove in the door and frame with some effort. No w when I close the door there is quite a bit...
4
4

Water dripping from woodwork
I recently noticed a damp patch on the concrete floor at the front of the house. The boiler is installed in the loft and the condensate drain has been poked out of the loft to empty the condensate...
8
8

Voter Registration Limiting Factors!
Democracy is all well and good, but it seems that some individuals should not be permitted to vote. The Brexit vote was derailed by lies and dishonosty regarding immigration and the NHS spending, and...
9
9

Adhesive for a knife
I have a very useful knife with a wooden (bamboo) handle, which SWMBO decided would benefit from being run through the dishwasher. Because of this, the handle has split (only a little) and the steel...
2
2

No CH unless hot water on
Currently have to control heating manually by putting on hot water and manually opening 2 zone port valve. So heating only works if hot water on and manually open valve. If switch hot watet off but...
14
14

[OT] Where to get a balanced and varied source of news in the UK?
I'm getting right pissed off with the media (and have been for some time). It's mostly biased sensationalist tripe where the headline is a far far offbeat interpretation of even the words contained...
35
35

Microporous paint
Has anyone worked with microporous paint? I was told my windows were painted with this stuff. Does this mean I should use microporous paint next time or is it only used by original manufacturers? Does...
4
4