Subject Author Posted Replies

oil fired Worcester Danesmoor 15-19 boiler with Honeywell manual timer
I have lost the manual for setting the timer on my boiler. It is an Honeywell manual timer - I cant' find the instructions online (I guess it is so old!!) - can anyone help please!?
2
2

TV sound d/a conversion
My new Samsung TV UE43KU6000 has no analogue sound output for my existing hi-fi system. There seem to be a number of very similar looking converter boxes available, of which this is one of the...
30
30

Sign
Can anyone here identify this sign? Mike https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49024805/Sign.jpg
46
46

Correct tool for the job Pt9
2TB HD - 25000 SONGS PLAYING - CLICK CLICK -->> DUSTBIN. BOUGHT 1TB SSD - CORRECT TOOL FOR THE JOB. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyp28GTWgAA3wKD.jpg
5
5

SCAM MO
Hackers can steal your credit or debit card details in just six seconds, experts have found. Academics say security flaws mean it is 'frighteningly easy' to collect bank card details of Visa cards.
2
2

Peeling off backing tape
I'm taping over the gaps between kingspan with aluminium tape, I cut off 6 inches then spend an age scratching at the end with fingernails and tearing it a bit to separate off the backing tape......
3
3

Make an auger
Thinking about a job I would like to do .... it would be nice to have a hand auger .. around 3-4" diameter On a T-bar handles ... the 'threaded' portion could be as little as a foot long attached to a...
13
13

Nasty...
6
6

Jotul F12 door
Anyone know how I can get the door off a Jotul F12 woodburner, so I can change the glass without having to do it on the stove (and hence vertically)? There are some screws behind the hinges, but they...
7
7

Re: It's a bit cold
We have had a few English setters which have been the most intelligent yet the craziest stupid dogs we have ever owned now downgraded to Springer Spaniel which is much the same but smaller ;( -

Proper tool for the job Pt8

OT - What you always kew about Smart Meters
And the govmint has known for 4 years:
34
34

The Science of DIY @ Radio4X
The Science of DIY The Wheelbarrow 1/5 Len Fisher and fellow experts reveal the importance of leverage when conveying a load. The Science of DIY A Chip off the Old Block 2/5 Len Fisher and fellow...
3
3

Domestic water hardener?
Okay, if soft water is widely considered to be a significant cause of heart disease, what's the simplest way of hardening a supply of drinking water in a domestic situation where the supply is...
12
12

Low tack custom vinyl stickers?
I'm after a service like: but without the £50 min order (£20 would be acceptable). I want to produce a number of really pukka one-off vinyl labels for various signage in the house (2 CUs breaker...
12
12