Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for plastic sealer that can go round corners (2023 Update)
I'm looking for a plastic [bag] sealer that can go round corners. I already have a sealer like this:- works very well but can only seal/weld straight lines and can't easily be used to weld shorter...
5
5

Drying clothes with dehumidifier (2023 Update)
We d this and have the machine pointing towards the clothes blowing the dry air at them. I'm wondering whether it would be better the other way around?
13
13

on line forms (2023 Update)
I have been struggling with an online form from DHL regarding a parcel delivery and finally tumbling to the fact that *copy/paste* does not work. The form displays correctly but reports *number not...
41
41

Hinge lubricant (On topic, really!) (2023 Update)
Any advice for lubricating a squeeky hinge without making a mess? TIA
13
13

Vaillant F75 code (part 1 of many)
Before you rush and say: Call an engineer! I only have the dreaded error F75 from an old vaillant boiler in winter and when it's very cold and at night time. I have to push the reset button about 10...
11
11

Dusk to Dawn floodlights - ARW maybe has the answer (2023 Update)
Looking for recommendations for dusk to dawn floodlights - probably 10W or 20W. Intention is they will be permanently 'om' but only lit during the dark hours so a sensor will be needed. Bright...
30
30

A reliable grinder for oily seeds? (2023 Update)
On my recent travels I was introduced to the natural laxative effect of "Hemp Hearts" when added as an ingredient of bread making. It seems that the husk/shells of these seeds in this form are removed...
4
4

Entertaining if not as good as a saniflo
We’re grateful to Helen Ayres for sharing this review of Veet hair removal cream on Twitter. She reckons it’s the best Amazon review she’s ever read. Sit back, make yourself comfortable, and...

Snow gates in Scotland (2023 Update)
Are those things locked? Could we just open them and say someone else must have done it? Why do they pay a policeman to close it then come out again and open it? Why not just send out the snowplough...
407
407

Air Fryer Update (2023 Update)
After all the positive replies on this I went for a Salter EK4548 Dual Air Fryer, Double Drawer which arrived this afternoon. Cooked my first meal in it this evening, jacket potato and a couple of...
59
59

OT: Moon and Jupiter (2023 Update)
The bright star just to the right of the crescent Moon is Jupiter.
47
47

Tuya WiFi M616EGWT (2023 Update)
as in .. (again) at home automation to ease life for SWMBO. Since it seems "difficult" to get automation for vertical blinds that can open/close & tilt, we're looking at the idea of simply automating...
19
19

Why don't we have spherical wheels on computer chairs, which would easily rotate in any direction, like the ones in the old mice?
Why don't we have spherical wheels on computer chairs, which would easily rotate in any direction, like the ones in the old mice?
49
49

seeking teardown info for Quinetic doorbell QUDB
Hi all as per the subject - I would like to dismantle one of these battery-free door bells, but can't find any info on it, to my surprise. I think Big Clive did a teardown of some switches using...
8
8

had to larf....tee hee
For in the states are getting crusified for producing electic pick ups that when they roll over crush the occupants due to the weight of the batteries......
2
2