Subject Author Posted Replies

RS packaging.
Ordered up a variety of Panasonic FM electrolytic caps from RS at the same time. All low volts so small. Total value under the free P&P. The whole lot fits easily in an A5 jiffy bag. Came in three...
3
3

Gunk barrier for kitchen units beside the dishwasher
I have a recurring problem with small amounts of food and drink getting stuck to the edges of the kitchen units and doors adjacent to the dishwasher (because when the dishwasher door is open, the...
5
5

Gas supply question
Pal has a small terrace house built 1980s. Very well insulated (timber framed). Original boiler still works (basic electrics, non room sealed) All that ever seems to fail is the thermocouple. However,...
53
53

Riallo OIL Boiler strangeness.
Boiler was recently majorly serviced - apart from nozzle, with new circulation pump, (old one was dripping on electrics and not circulating) electronic control box and flame sensor., The pump and fan...
12
12

Why does all energy saving tech burst into flames?
First it was electric cars and buses, now its air fryers! 'It was a really nasty experience that could have been far far worse without my quick-thinking.' 'It was a really nasty experience that could...
4
4

Extractor fans, zone 0 and better sensors than humidistats
Right.... I have a bathroom that has a 12 volt humidistat sensing extractor fan in zone 0 I also have a shower room with a 12 volt humidistat sensing extractor fan in zone 0. the 12V transformers are...
22
22

Measuring energy efficiency effectivness
Is there a way to practically assess the performance of, say, a cavity brick wall before and after cavity wall insulation? I'm interested because I've just come from a workshop on retrofit, and the...
56
56

A new starter with hobbies other than Facebook
That's a turn up for the books. A rock climber and a kick boxer. May well survive the two week trial.
21
21

Best paint for fire surround
So, I got a pretty decent old pine fire surround for a tenner on FB marketplace. Decided to paint it white - couldn't find any white heatproof paint so thought I'd chance it with white eggshell. It...
6
6

Heating System Failure
I returned home after a five week absence, to find the ecological heating system unable to start. The error code indicates 'no flow', any thoughts of what could be the problem. Water is on and power...
19
19

Nativespace
For more than 15 years, Nativespace has hosted my website and provided my IP services. Yesterday I was puzzled by no emails having come in. Today I found they could not be sent either and my domain is...
16
16

Car battery charging below float voltage?
I have 8 computers with 15 graphics cards running science projects. The graphics cards run from 12 volts, adding up to a lot of current between them. I have three 1kW power supplies connected to a big...
42
42

Danfoss 103 to 106
Hi bought 106 instead of 103, do I have to rewire back plate, can a novice do it

Perpetual motion: you work it out ...
28
28

Spreadsheet question
We keep a log of family expenses in a spreadsheet and there is always a backlog of stuff to enter at this time of year for the previous year. Each year I forget how to force a column (or a page) to...
24
24