Subject Author Posted Replies

Remington SFT100 Sonic Toothbrush
(ex- Aldi Thursday buy) Anyone ever stripped one? The switch on mine is tempremental and wondered it if it worth trying to open it up - or is it full of ping-fuckits.

Anti-damp treatments of previous times?
Was there an earlier hydrophobic equivalent to the use of silicone treatments of today. Perhaps blow-lamp external heating of stone/brickwork and then beeswax, tallow or paraffin wax application, or...
10
10

A real bargain (not)
Andrew http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRASS-22mm-GATE-VALVE-COMPRESSION-FITTINGS-IN-GOOD-CONDITION-/122337984564?hash=item1c7be98034:g:XhwAAOSw-0xYRmKH
16
16

Valour homeflame supee
Ignite button
4
4

Oven tripping RCD when turning off
Please no arguments about why it's on an RCD protected circuit, I can't easily/practically change that at the moment*. It turns on (it's a fancy one with a SMPSU and LCD display) and if no heating...
23
23

DYSON H+C FAN
£400 http://swldxer.co.uk/dyson.mp4
23
23

Ot: The only good reason to stay in te EU so fat
"The CEO of Apple Tim Cook met with Theresa May yesterday to discuss the future of the technology sector in the UK and reaffirm Apple?s commitment to Brexit Britain." If Apple are for it, it must be...
3
3

Lockshield?
Sorry, maybe a stupid question, but here goes anyway... I am looking to buy one of these: as I need a TRV and a lockshield for a new radiator. However, I cannot see where the valve of the lockshield...
9
9

Toolstation Valentines offer
I see Toolstation have a Valentines Day offer of ear defenders. Is this to protect us from an ear bashing when we have forgotten to treat the one we love? Richard
16
16

Outside light query
We have an outside light - an oblong plastic thingy - in a rather exposed position. I opened it up to change the bulb, and there was some water inside. What's the best way to stop this? I thought of...
26
26

OT: Building society savings rates
Is this really true?? I rarely miss an opportunity to have a grumble to my BS about their savings interest rates when I message them but this part of their reply was a new one on me. "With interest...
37
37

Neighbour cooking smells
I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will be the cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time day&nite my hsing officer does not give a shit...
10
10

drilling through studs?
Hello, Is it possible/allowed to drill or notch studs in a stud wall; especially if it is not load bearing? I did remove the plasterboard wall from my bathroom wall once and found that the studs had...
5
5

insulating a loft with kingspan/celotex
Hello, It has been suggested here before, I think by the late Andy Hall, to use celotex sheets to insulate your loft. How is the best way to do this? I would seem to me that the easiest way would be...
25
25

MY FREE BG LECCY
The Government wants all homes in England, Scotland and Wales to have a smart meter by 2020, but you can opt out if you want. HAHAHAHAHA. Read more: Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on...