Subject Author Posted Replies

British Gas RC Plus displaying wrong temperature
We have a Worcester Bosch Greenstart Si Compact and British Gas RC Plus Thermostat. Came to turn on heating tonight and noticed that temperature was displaying at 23 degrees, where it is currently...
1
1

Which way around?
I have a Dell notebook and am trying to get a multi settings charger to pow er it up. The connections with the charger reverse to allow for different polarities but the signs on the back of the box...
9
9

Parkside Router from Lidle
I have a Parkside router that I bought from Lidle which comes with two collets, one for bits with 8mm shafts and one for bits with 6mm shafts. Does anyone know where I can get a collets so I can use...
6
6

We have a new Dick Head of the Met Police chief
perhaps an unfortunatly last name ;-) Cressida Dick becomes the first woman to lead London's police force in its 188-year history.
27
27

WILL I LOSE MY HOME?
So you have a full time job earning £30,000 with FedEx in Hull delivering parcels for them. Very good. Do you have to drive very far? (You're not pulling anyone's leg here are you? - other than your...
17
17

Radiator Bodgery
I know this is an outrage and I should be hung drawn and quartered for even contemplating it but needs must (!) I have an old 6-foot single radiator in the bathroom which is beyond the end of its life...
9
9

Micro USB issues ...
I've recently discovered the wonder of magnetic USB cables where a connector tip is plugged into the USB socket, and a cable with a magnetic connection just sticks to it to charge. The premise being a...
17
17

Clock repairer recommendations
I appreciate that this is OT for a DIY group, but can anyone recommend a go od clock repairer, ideally in Yorkshire? The broken clock has been overwound, so I guess that means a new mainspring . It's...
4
4

OT Virtue signaling celebrities. (Various)
Don't these hypocrites make you sick? It's time to put up or shut the f**k up. Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71 FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet
4
4

Echo horticultural equipment
Does anyone have any experience of this brand? Bill
2
2

Painting rusty bathroom radiator
Been redecorating my Bathroom The radiator has gone a little rusty around the edges, would like to rub down and repaint. Question is firstly, what sort of primer? Am gonna remove the rust spots best I...
11
11

PTFEed Joints weeping
3 plumbing joints done with ptfe tape all leak. I mostly don't use ptfe to seal joints. 2 of the joints are 15mm compression tee (with one male end, o ne female end) onto an extension piece, the other...
54
54

OT perhaps
Ordered an external h/d from Tesco on Sunday evening. ?3 delivery charge. To be delivered 3-5 days. A bloke in a white van delivered it this morning. Not bad is that.
12
12

OT: YouTube - How to save 51 billion lives ...
Yea, not 51 Billion* - but certainly a few. How to save 51 billion lives for 68 cents with simple Engineering (Standard level of YouTube production excepted...) * "Of all the 100 Billion people born...
3
3

CPC LED floodlight
Got a flier from CPC today and one of their special offers is a 100w LED floodlight. By the high price, I'd guess it's not an equivalent 100w one. But doesn't give details of the light output. Which...
5
5