Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Dozens of nuclear accidents in the UK come to light.
What's been did and what'd been hid! The UK Ministry of Defense has been accused of downplaying the real dangers stemming from the UK nuclear deterrent after the report by a safety watchdog put the...
18
18

Self-assessment tax dates query
I seldom need to do the tax self-assessment but had some untaxed income at the end of 2016 that needs to be declared. Can someone confirm that self-assessment tax returns to HMRC for the financial...
44
44

Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles
my Specs steam up with dustmask andor goggles, any tips on how to wear them, or varieties which steam up less? George
8
8

OT: Chatham House study reveals biomass not as carbon neutral as thought
and Although most renewable energy policy frameworks treat biomass as carbon-neutral at the point of combustion, biomass emits more carbon per unit of energy than most fossil fuels. This paper...
34
34

Using LED dimmable bulb with touch dimmer lamp.
Why might the instructions for a new Asda touch sensitive dimmable table lamp say that "Energy Saver bulbs are not suitable for use with touch dimmers"? So far, the lamp works fine with a Philips E14...
7
7

How to unbond bond of induction hob to granite worktop
Ok I dont have access to this, email from son. They have an induction hob and the hob has been bonded to the work top at either side. Apparently its not silicon. Any ideas on how to loosen the bond to...
40
40

British Gas RC Plus displaying wrong temperature
We have a Worcester Bosch Greenstart Si Compact and British Gas RC Plus Thermostat. Came to turn on heating tonight and noticed that temperature was displaying at 23 degrees, where it is currently...
1
1

Which way around?
I have a Dell notebook and am trying to get a multi settings charger to pow er it up. The connections with the charger reverse to allow for different polarities but the signs on the back of the box...
9
9

Parkside Router from Lidle
I have a Parkside router that I bought from Lidle which comes with two collets, one for bits with 8mm shafts and one for bits with 6mm shafts. Does anyone know where I can get a collets so I can use...
6
6

We have a new Dick Head of the Met Police chief
perhaps an unfortunatly last name ;-) Cressida Dick becomes the first woman to lead London's police force in its 188-year history.
27
27

WILL I LOSE MY HOME?
So you have a full time job earning £30,000 with FedEx in Hull delivering parcels for them. Very good. Do you have to drive very far? (You're not pulling anyone's leg here are you? - other than your...
17
17

Radiator Bodgery
I know this is an outrage and I should be hung drawn and quartered for even contemplating it but needs must (!) I have an old 6-foot single radiator in the bathroom which is beyond the end of its life...
9
9

Micro USB issues ...
I've recently discovered the wonder of magnetic USB cables where a connector tip is plugged into the USB socket, and a cable with a magnetic connection just sticks to it to charge. The premise being a...
17
17

Clock repairer recommendations
I appreciate that this is OT for a DIY group, but can anyone recommend a go od clock repairer, ideally in Yorkshire? The broken clock has been overwound, so I guess that means a new mainspring . It's...
4
4

OT Virtue signaling celebrities. (Various)
Don't these hypocrites make you sick? It's time to put up or shut the f**k up. Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71 FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet
4
4