Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Amazing voice for one so young!
Amira Willighagen and Patrizio Buanne perform 'O Sole Mio' during the 'Classics is Groot' concert held in South Africa on 30 July 2016. Amira appeared as a guest on the show and she also performed two...

Sheet piles for a garden retaining wall
We wanted to push our garden back by about 1.5/2m to give us more space imm ediately outside the house. We currently have a 1m high retaining wall hol ding the garden back, so we would need to get rid...
14
14

Can an in-line extractor fan be mounted at an odd angle?
Daughter has a "passive" 5 inch duct from bathroom ceiling to roof. This is not proving sufficient with her power shower. I plan to insert an in-line fan (e.g. Manrose MF125T) in the ducting:- The...
6
6

How best to motorise a soil sifter
Have you guys got any suggestions on how best to motorise this soil sifter? Picture at I left the large flat area (size just under 50x40 cm) so that a drive could be added but I am not sure what motor...
37
37

Etched glass.
Time to freshen up the front of the house. There is a plain glass top light above the front door - and I'd like an etched glass one with the house number on it. The panelled front door was at one time...
18
18

OT: An offer I can't refuse (energy bills)
Just asking for comments rather than advice: We are with EON for energy. The tariff I'm on has worked very well for some years and I like EON: they're very clear, have a very good website, etc. Also:...
37
37

Staining/etching/deposit on enamel casserole dish
My wife has a cast iron casserole dish, coated with (I presume) enamel - certainly a glazed vitreous coating of some sort. Recently we've noticed that it has an irregular dull whitish staining on the...
14
14

Online Specs
I seem to recall a thread or three a goodly while back re online specs. Being a little peeved at Specsavers when is a 2for1 offer not a 2for1 offer, I am now in the market for some new goggles for the...
5
5

A question for our resident Sparkies
Gentlemen, Some of the 13A power socket installing in our house leaves a bit to be desired. The sockets are fine old English-made ones, but they look to have been installed by a wanker with a blunt...
13
13

Debt! OT
Does it require a court order before bailiffs can attend on an unpaid invoice? If so does the debtor have an opportunity to explain the circumstances?
12
12

Brushes for old AEG STSZ jigsaw
I have an ancient AEG STSZ350 jigsaw that recently started popping and sparking. These are the brushes: And the brush holders/commutator: And finally the jigsaw's type plate: I've found a company that...
22
22

deleting Vaio from Sony computer
Can I simply delete Viao from my Sony computer and then load a fresh Windows 10?
15
15

maybe lightning cables arent such a good design after all?
While the article says apple isn't too blame you have to wonder how a dangerous voltage got onto the connector when its so exposed. An iPhone user from Huntsville, Alabama, has been seriously injured...
27
27

Honeywell Evohome or Geniushub
The comments in an earlier thread pushed me into a long spell of Googling and I'm now just about decided on either Evohome or Geniushub, with a few mechanical TRVs or programmable (but dumb) TRVs in...
3
3

Re engineering 18V drill batteries
Has anyone found a source of 18V Li batteries which can be used to replace NiCd with a bit of mechanical bodgery? I have a number of perfectly sound cordless driills which need new batteries and going...
3
3