Subject Author Posted Replies

Twist drill set
Well, I've definitely lost my spare set of HSS twist drills in the house move (but I did find my cold chisels while I looked for them!) and since I broke one (3.5mm) yesterday, I'd like another set. I...
16
16

How to get paint off concrete lintels?
Blowtorch? Hot air gun? Chemicals? Bill
16
16

WARDROBE RAIL END SOCKET, fixing question
I have a piece of approx 2 feet sq work top to fill a gap. It is supported at the back and one side, so 3 of the corners. For the 4th corner I have a piece of chrome rail (from floor to worktop) I...
16
16

Bank Holiday Weekend - nothing changes
I have just spent the day at my parent's place adding new TV, new Sky cable and various Cat 6 cables (just in case they are needed). With the first hit of the hammer and bolster I went straight...
20
20

hi there need brushes for hyundai ph14-1500-h
hi there need brushes for my hyundai sds 1500 watt drill model no ph14-1500-h thanks
5
5

Maths sites
Does anyone know of maths sites for gettin quick answers? trying to work out how much salt falls out of an hurricane not very successfully: 2.1*10000000000000000*37.5 = 7.875e+17 WTF? Here is where I...
36
36

One for camera buffs
Recently bought a Coolpix P900, love it. We also have a DSLR. Looking at getting something with similar 'zoom' i've found myself a bit confused. The P900 is a 24-2000mm equivalent (I haven't got my...
26
26

Fixing plasterboard/insulation board to wall
How best to do this? I have 50mm celotex and 12.5mm plasterboard to bond to a 3m and 2.2m(h) bathroom wall, which will be tiled over.
4
4

TOT: gardening mishap
A jolly night in the pub last night. My pal Marty?s lad was there, along with his dad. His old friend from uni joined us, having come ?home? as he calls South Yorkshire, for the Bank Holiday. He?s a...
1
1

fixings to fit 7.5kg loads on foam backed plasterboard?
Hi- I have a couple of loudspeakers and wall mounts that I'd like to mount on a wall that is plasterboard backed with about 10cm of insulating polystyrene. Each speaker and mount together weigh just...
10
10

Never forget.
When dismantling something, always put all the small parts inside the lid of the box, so you can catch the edge of the lid and lose them all at one go, saving yourself the effort of losing them one at...
30
30

Car key query
I have done a very stupid thing. The remote key for my '04 Citroen Xsara Picasso was falling apart, so I bought a replacement case from Ebay and fitted the remote innards and key blade to it. I...
11
11

Had to take a tree down
A neighbour pointed out to me that a tree in the corner of my garden had died so I spent most of yesterday cutting it down using a handsaw, a wood-cutting blade on an angle grinder, a tall ladder and...
1
1

Ot: The face of new nuclear?
This, I reckon, is the company most likely to deliver new build nuclear at sane prices in the UK. Bog standard technology with modern safety standards applied. Ford Cortina style nukes, but with...
1
1

Help please to identify this connector
Here is the image: https://i.imgur.com/YhdOb11.jpg