Subject Author Posted Replies

Source for SHORT White Polytop Pins ?
I need some short white plastic headed Polytop pins - preferably stainless to fix thin cladding onto 18 mm OSB, so ideally 15 mm long max. Shortest that I can find are 25 mm. This sort of thing but...
3
3

Need help with Hive
I have just installed Hive and after some messing around managed to get eve rything talking to each other. The only problem is the boiler will not fire , the receiver is showing all green lights...
5
5

This months top tip
Don't ask a woman with PMT that is complaining about the DIY noise you are making "Why are you shouting when you have already said that loud noises give you a headache? Surely you are just making...
24
24

Flipping over turf
I want to re-do my lawn completely. Most recommendations are for the old turf to be removed completely but I want to consider an alternative approach and I would welcome your views. My idea is to hire...
46
46

Using PVC Cement on drain pipes
Will ABS/PVC Cement weld plastic drain pipe components together?
5
5

Basin waste
I'm re-fitting a replacement washbasin and pop up waste - the press up, pre ss down type. Are there any recommendations for sealing the waste to the ba sin and also underneath between backnut and...
13
13

Marbo 16mm patress box
Does anyone know who still stocks these? B & Q and CPC don't, whatever their website claims.
12
12

wiki heatloss failure
The rate of heat flow (F) is simply: Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern br owsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot c onnect to...
3
3

Draghty Double glazed doors
Both my front and back doors have started to shed the extrudedrubber bits that fit in slots and help keep out the draughts in winter. Where is the most likely place to stock enough of a range to match...
6
6

Glazing bead.
I have a large custom made 2nd floor window which forms virtually the entire end wall of what was an attic room. All architect designed, and it does what I wanted perfectly. Lots of lovely light. The...
17
17

how to paint concrete
Thanks to everyone for their advice on how to strip paint of concrete. Now I need to know how to repaint it. The surface is bare concrete. Bill
3
3

kew classic
i have a kew classic power washer that needs new seals also the nylon ones (these are the ones that line up the three pistons) the washer has done a good service bought in 1995 but need the spares so...

Diesel scrappage
I hear an MP is suggesting a scrappage scheme for diesel cars. If there are 31 million cars on the road and 38% of them are diesel, does he really think a £100m scheme providing an average of £8/car...
218
218

More of Mikes kittens
just generally looking cute One of them is litter trained And one of them is already trained for Pounders garden http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:IMG_8864.JPG...
86
86

Small roller bearings, e.g. on drawer sliders
Can anything think of some everyday items that contain small roller bearings? The only items I can come up with are Screwfix drawer sliders, and also inline skates. On Amazon there are of course loads...
26
26