Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Going rate for labourers
critcher seems to be another troll.
4

Well, that was a success.
I only finished crawling about under a mate's car an hour ago and managed a whisky in the (much needed) bath. I probably ought to wish I was lazier!
10
10

Garage door not closing
Jetwashed the block paving yesterday. Came to shut the up and over garage door last night and ut wouldn't close! Damn! Have the blocks lifted a bit - took hammer and block of wood to bash them - no...

OT:Marine Le Pen in the lead as polls open - as experts warn far-Right victory could lead to collapse of the EU
Not a very stable Union if it cant handle democratic action in its constituent states. The EU is consistently failing to win support from Eureopeans. Change is happening and the EU has failed to deal...
8
8

RJ11 cable.
The sort of (US?) telephone plug you get on some cordless phone base units and modems? Is it RJ11? Has 6 terminals but often for a phone only two populated. I need a lead with all six populated. Only...
11
11

Moving ceiling light
When at my last place, I rewired the neighbours adjoining semi for them. That had its original 1956 rubber wiring. Very similar provision on the socket front - although it may have had five sockets...
53
53

OT: Parasitic car battery drain
I tried to measure the quiescent current on my old Sierra, but you had to be careful, since switching it off pulled enough current to blow the 2A fuse in my ammeter.
51
51

OT: Gigabit LAN funny
It seems that using my Samsung smart TV (22H5600) in wireless mode with my BT home hub 3a makes it drop its connection once a day,so I have reverted to a wired connection. So now I have this...
17
17

Does the main soil stack have to be completely vertical?
I can't seem to find any examples of a soil stack that doesn't have a main, completely vertical part, into which all the toilets join via branches. No w is this because there are bulding regs...
8
8

wireless mice double pulsing
Its the EUs fault, all we be well once we leave.
13
13

Repairing "non-repairable" shoes.
[22 lines snipped] "Active Air" (Oh, the irony, given their popularity with people for whom activity was anathema.)
14
14

Masonry core-drill bits - hammer action or not?
SDS is just the type of chuck on the end of the drill. For example the first item will let you put SDS bits in a normal drill. You can buy normal chucks to fit into an SDS chuck to do normal drill...
10
10

Bathroom earth bonding
Bathroom has hot and cold water pipes, electric towel rail and an electric shower, what bonding is required?
34
34

No coal power for 24 hours?
Which are tested how often, and run for how long? Also how long can individual branches continue if they're off-line from head office computers for reordering stock? How long can farms go with no...
38
38

OT: BBC crippled my website
I trust you pointed out the reliability of nuclear and CCGT, and that the variability of renewables, all the way down to zero, was a major weakness and their Achilles heel.
12
12