Subject Author Posted Replies

Work belt pouch for phone
Have a samsung galaxy j3 phone with a 5 inch screen. want to put it in a Gel case and then in a belt pouch for use when working. Has anyone done this and can suggest a good belt pouch that will take...

OT: film scanner
Does anyone have any practical experience of film scanners? I need to make files from 35mm colour slides. Bill
16
16

Help with wiring zwave switch for water heater (240V)
Moin, I hope this is a suitable group for this kind of question. If no, suggestions are welcome. I'd like to automate our storage/tank water heater using some home automation system using zWave. Local...
10
10

LPG gas hob burner problem
Hi, Are there any gas appliance experts in this group? I have just replaced my old LPG gas hob for a shiny new NEFF one (T23S36N0GB/26) and the burners don't go much lower than full on when turned to...
2
2

Distilled water in steam irons
I have a ready supply of distilled water from my dehumidifier. I'd like to use it in my steam iron to prevent the build up of scale, but just about every steam iron manual warns about not using...
19
19

test in central heating Hot Water output
Last night shmbo noticed there was a taste to the hot water (not that we drink it of course). We have a COMBI heating system - 2 years old, serviced 8 weeks ago. I turned up the hot was to max and ran...
1
1

Worcester Bosch boiler - EA fault code
Hi Our Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 CDi system boiler is intermittently giving an EA fault code. The boiler is not under cover. British Gas charges £99 + £22pm repair and cover, making a total of...
7
7

Missing radio time signal from Anthorn?
My radio-controlled clock lost the signal a few days ago and still hasn't been able to sync. The MSF Anthorn time signal webpage isn't reporting any outage (the next scheduled one is 8 June) Anyone...
38
38

Driving an original OKI Microline 80 printer
An original OKI Microline 80 has fallen into my hands, and apart from a faulty mains switch (fixed) seems to be in working order. This is a 7 pin impact printer with a Centronics Parallel input port....
8
8

New Project - workbench
Decided to build a sturdy workbench, specifically to take my chop saw and saw table. The saw table often fails to get used as it is so difficult with large materials ?.trestle supports often topple....
24
24

OT: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc driver update for AMD SMBus sent out as windows 7 update
Hi All, Is anyone else getting this update from Windows Update as a mandatory update ?. Does anyone know what it does ?. Is it a BIOS update ?. Andrew
7
7

Damaged Plasterboard
What is the bast way to repair an area of water damaged plasterboard internal wall. It is at the end of a bath where the tiles end. Water has lifter the paper / paint.
7
7

Kitchen Appliances 'Made in Britain@
Are there any? We are in the process of re-fitting a kitchen. SWMBO wants to fit only white goods made in the UK. She vwas looking at Hotpoint until she was told that they were made in china/far east....
99
99

Makita LXT battery compatibility.
I thought the idea was that all batteries in this range would be interchangeable with all kit. Just bought a cordless DSS611Z circular saw which is branded as LXT but the battery connection is very...
8
8

Meat pies and fuel cost
I ordered a pack of 4 individual meat pies using Asda online. By mistake, I ordered the frozen ones and they need to be oven cooked for 30 to 32 minutes. I hate waiting that long. These pies probably...
58
58