100cm2 vent??

just fitted my new white knight gas dryer. it fitted in a purpose built cupboard on top of a washing machine. it vents through a pipe to outside. the instructions say that if the dryer is in a room of less than 10m2 then a permanent ventilator of 100cm2 is required! is this correct? seems a bit big to me. the cupboard is vented with two placy vents 9in by 6inch. one at the top and one at the bottom. the washer and dyer has at least 1 inch of space to allow circulation of air all round.
surly they mean 100mm2?
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote:

hole. (Your mistake is that 100cm2 is *not* 100cm x 100cm)
A 100mm2 hole would be just 10mm x 10mm, that's a 1cm sqare hole.

fank goodness for that. tar matey!
Steve

A 9in by 6in vent is almost 350cm2.
Make sure the instructions don't mean you need 100cm2 between the room and the outside, though. I presume this is for combustion air. If you get it wrong, you die.
Christian.

I would hazard a guess that Maths wasn't your strong point at school ;o)
100mm2 is only 1cm x 1cm
100cm2 is 10cm x 10cm
Angela