If that's OK, next question. Can anyone recommend a source for a suitable isolator? All I've found is a 2 or 4 position consumer unit box with a 100A DP switch in it....perhaps I'm looking at the wrong suppliers (RS, TLC, CPC). If that is a reasonable solution, presumably I ignore the busbar and just wire into top and bottom of the switch...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
"Bob Eager" wrote | I'm in the process of rewiring the house, and having noted all the | comments, would like to fit a 100A isolator. | If that's OK, next question. Can anyone recommend a source for a | suitable isolator? All I've found is a 2 or 4 position consumer unit | box with a 100A DP switch in it....perhaps I'm looking at the | wrong suppliers (RS, TLC, CPC). If that is a reasonable solution, | presumably I ignore the busbar and just wire into top and bottom | of the switch...
The Wylex 100A switchfuse is at http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WY110M.html
However a 3-phase switch only is actually half the price http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CMDX100.html
Use one phase for L and one phase for N and *label the terminals*
Owain

Obviously didn't search with the right terms!

Yes, considered that...would be fairly reasonable as it's a 4 terminal cutout...outer left for L and outer right for N...
Thanks...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

no more that 50-60 IIRC.
John

That's (nearly) the cheapest way to do it - you can get DIN boxes without busbar from CPC & a bare 100A DP switch for approx 14 I use them for mounting 63A x 100ma DP Switch/RCDs.
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 22:26:59 UTC, "Chris Oates" <none> wrote:

That may be the solution. The Wylex one is nice, but it's also rather large in the limited space I have.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

RS 419-555 100A Switch disconnector 8quid+vat RS 341-4632 Terminal Cover 3quid+vat - includes a din rail to mount the switch. Small & cheap
--
fred

Thanks...looks roughly equivalent to the CPC thing mentioned before. Guess it'll be from whoever I next place an order with!
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk