Subject Author Posted Replies

Lodging a complaint after planning permission granted and work completed
A relative has recently completed a house extension, done with full planning permission and no deviation from the approved plans. Her immediate neighbours, who were consulted throughout and who...
19
19

Powershop Powerpacks anybody?
In my search for a new deal I've come across Powershop and their Powerpacks. Talk about complexity in the market!! I'm just coming to the end of quite a good fixed price deal and am cautious about...
5
5

charging Li Ion
I've just been handed a casio camera with a flat lithium ion cell, 3.7V 720mAh, charger has been lost. It has three terminals - T +, I'm guessing T senses temperature. Will I be able to charge it from...
5
5

Tool / parts store / database?
Hi all, I think I might like some sort of phone / PC auto-synced database app that would allow me to quickly and easily enter data re the contents of tool archive / storage boxes and smaller...
56
56

OT: Health and softy gone mad - washing up liquid is now deemed to be toxic!
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
24
24

OT Inbreeding
Due to inbreeding, "British Pakistanis" are more likely to give birth to children with birth defects, than any other group in the UK.
7
7

flat roof terminology
The diagonal fillet that's fitted where a flat roof joins the wall, what's it called? I thought it was an arris, but searching for that seems to turn up larger sized pieces for fencing, then I though...
3
3

Refinish Oak Butcher Block surface
We just purchased a new/used house. The kithchen counter is a ~ 5 x 10 foot (2 inch high) oak butcher block surface. With time, it now has several "stained" spots (sorta black areas) and many...
16
16

Electricity costs.
My electricity plan is finishing this month. (Scottish Power two year plan). No gas. Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!! Is this what everybody else has found?
21
21

Ping F
Send me an email fella. I don't have yours on this machine. It's about you house alarm.
4
4

Very OT, memory card
I'm asking on behalf of an elderly gent. I know nothing about these things New SanDisk 32GB SDHC memory card used in dash cam. VLC won't play dash cam footage and reports "AVI index is broken" The...
29
29

Blown plaster caused by disintegrating brickwork
Back to DIY after a long break and I'm easing in with what should be (have been!!) a simple job, redecorating the spare bedroom. However, after steaming off the old wallpaper I discovered some very...
23
23

OT: LibDems and irony
I see a number of references on Twitter to a speech Cleggy made at a debate last year before the EURef, in which (expecting to win it) he likened some of his fellow speakers (such as Dave's friend St...
3
3

Aldi Hose Fittings
Just treated myself to a set of Aldi metal hoselock type fittings. Less that ?5.00. I feel I have cheated someone - there seems at least ?10 worth of metal in them. Absoultely lovely - shame to leave...
2
2

Roof insulation: Cold call from firm that sprays closed-cell foam between roof rafters.
G'day! Today, I had a cold sales call from a company offering to spray closed-cell (polyurethane?) foam between my roof rafters. I thought I'd run this past you folks, because a lot of you understand...
15
15