Subject Author Posted Replies

Australian Radioactive Capsule
I have been interested in the furore over the lost capsule, but it did make me think about radioactive sources found in the home such as in smoke alarms. Now I know these are quite small and...
10
10

Road planings on top of concrete
im expanding my driveway and am planning on using road planings. The current driveway has a concrete slab within it and I wondered if i can lay the new planings over the top of the concrete?
1
1

OT: Landline phones with bluetooth?
I've just received an email from Plusnet reminding me that all their prices are going up on 1st April by over 14% (inflation plus 3.9%) This will bring the price of the Anytime package to over £10...
29
29

Anyone with experience of Drayton Wiser?
I'm looking at smart heating controls and have come across the Drayton Wiser Anyone here with such a system that would not mind answering some questions I have about the system? 1. is Geo fencing...
8
8

Interesting Kitchen cabinet door issue
Hello all, I have several kitchen cupboards and wall cabinets. They all have the typical kitchen hinges for the doors. I am finding that the screws for the hinges into either the cupboard or wall...
14
14

1out of 3 aint bad.
3 parcels due to be delivered today, but as it happened I was out Fedex put it back on the truck. Josie from some form of amazon delivery put it riund the side and dropped me a note. But they had sent...
29
29

Making rubber printer rollers more grippy?
My printer is getting old and sometimes doesn't manage to pull a sheet of paper from the drawer. In the printer, two "rubber" rollers on a rotating bar often fail to grip the top sheet. Where can I...
20
20

SOT Printer Expert Wanted
Hopefully a d-i-y fix! 6 year old HP inkjet HP Envy 4523 worked fine till yesterday when it stopped printing magenta and yellow. Performed the cleaning routine which ends with printing a quality...
30
30

Macrium Reflect 8.1
I have the free version of Macrium Reflect 8.0. I tried to upgrade to 8.1.7336 but they want me to enter into a 30 day trial. I usually don't mind paying for software but I want to move away from...
13
13

Battery testing
Am I correct in thinking that a nickel metal hydride battery cannot be tested using a standard battery charger, because the voltage is 1.2 volts instead of 1.5 volts? Also, if the battery charges in...
44
44

Barclays on-line banking
Does anyone have an email address for Barclays so that I can ask how to deal with something not provided for by their (almost) all singing and (almost) all dancing website?
32
32

Sealing tile grout
Now that the new shower enclosure has been grouted, I am thinking about sealing it. The tiles are glazed and the grout is BAL Micromax 2. I have read that cement based grout should be sealed but epoxy...
13
13

Seamless!
The broadband transfer to Plusnet has happened! Hands free experience. Perhaps not so surprising as they were already providing the service on behalf of John Lewis. Question for the geeks. The service...
24
24

OT: Passport photographs
It's DIY really, 'cos it involves taking your own photograph! My wife and I need to renew our passports, and we're trying to do it online. We're following all the advice when we take photos of each...
49
49

Boiler manuals
Might come in handy for looking after your old boiler: Bolier manuals - DIYWiki Bolier manuals - DIYWiki
7
7