10 x 8 shed base how much ballast ?

Im laying a 10 x 8 by 4" thick concrete shed base, will a tonne of ballast suffice?

Reply to
Richard

10' x 8' x 4" is roughly 3 m x 2.5m x 0.1m or about 0.75 m^3.

If you work on the basis that 1 m^3 of concrete weighs 2.2T I reckon you're short of some ballast. More like 1.4T ballast and 250kg cement.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

Whats the ratio 5 to 1

Reply to
Richard

Well, I worked on 6:1 then rounded the quantities.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

That's one mighty beefy shed base....

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

Maybe he lives in Boscastle and doesn't want his new shed to float away.

Reply to
Neil Jones