10% below asking price?

Can't understand this urge to be 'in by Christmas' myself. It would be a lot more fun for a lot of people to do ANYthing to avoid Christmas if at all possible. If you offered £5,000 to most people if they just carried on as normal, most would take the money. All Christmas has become is a cynical, profit-making season of good will - towards the big corporate coffers. They bombard us with advertising and glossy gift catalogues, nicely printed in the Far East back in the spring. We buy piles of utter rubbish at inflated prices, most of which ends up in landfill by January. Families often fall out, divorce proceedings are started, kids leave home, the dog eats the turkey, then sicks it up under the bed.

Christmas? Pah!

MM

Reply to
MM

Yes, there is that. However, pause for a moment for some slight additional irritation. When the agent's agent came round yesterday for a chat, another viewer of my property (who visited a week ago today) who has also sold to a FTB cropped up in conversation during which it became apparent that this other viewer had not been approached with revised information about a lower offer I might be prepared to accept. As far as that other viewer is concerned, the property is still on at the asking price. I instructed the agent's agent to get on the blower pronto this am, just to make sure that we are covering all possibles, since no one appears to have done so yet.

I even wonder whether it would be unethical of me to contact the person myself, as I know the person's telephone number. Hopefully I can trust the agent to exhaust all avenues of all potential buyers...?

MM

Reply to
MM

"mogga" wrote | We have spiders in our house big enough to eat huge clusters | of spiders. Unless the cats eat all the spiders. Or is it | supposed to be old ladies?

You only have to worry when the spiders start eating the cats.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"MM" wrote | All Christmas has become is a cynical, profit-making season of | good will - towards the big corporate coffers. They bombard | us with advertising and glossy gift catalogues, nicely printed | in the Far East back in the spring.

I saw Santa Claus last week at the Yorkshire Agricultural Museum. He was there for a photo session.

Owain

Reply to
Owain