$10,000 Ethernet cable (not from Russ)

Got £6,899 (US$10,500) to spare and worried that a Cat-6 Ethernet cable is keeping you from hearing the very best of your NAS-stored collection of MP3s?

... ...

?The beating heart of the AudioQuest Diamond are the Solid 100% Silver Perfect Surface conductors where raw silver is processed by drawing through at a much slower speed than normal to create an ultra-smooth surface area free of indents and grooves.?

The insulation generates an electrostatic field ?which reduces energy storage and non-linear time delays to a minimum,? because the designers are worried that ordinary plastic insulation might slow down the signal.

... No, Vulture South doesn't know what that signifies either. But we're keen to try one out in the data centre. ®

polygonum

Cheapskate.

(be sure to read at least some of the reviews)

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Amazing how many products Audio Quest offer on Amazon! Thankfully they don't ship to my home so I'll have to use CPC-Farnell's best. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Well what a load of tosh. Are we sure its not Russ under a new name?

What next, rare earth elements or crystallography as a method of reducing corrosion of wires? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The most obvious product seems to be some mystical super-long lasting silver polish. How awful to have these gleaming cables staying tarnished because Silvo is too cheap.

Reply to
polygonum