Re:Plumbing Tool ?

Is there a special tool to cut pvc water pipe.Can I use a copper pipe cutter to cut Pvc. Thanks
cb12 wrote:

You can get a tool to cut PVC pipe up to about 1 1/2" for about 25.00 from Home Depot or Lowes. It acts like a big set of shears to cut the pipe clean with no burrs so it fits in the fitting with no problem.
As another poster said, home depot and others have a shear to cut PVC.
I have found that my loppers (big bypass pruning shear ) cut it quite well.
The crank around cutter used for copper & steel will not work well on PVC
You could cut it with a saw, but then you have to smooth the burrs off.
Bruce Nelson

cutter