Radial Arm Saw Motor

Help!
I have a 20+ year old Craftsman Radial Arm Saw (model 113.199450), on which the motor just burned out. Sears (noth the website and the phone help people) says they can no longer get that motor because it's not made anymore. The motor part # was 63608. Neither can I get parts for it. At this point, the answer I get from Sears is to just pop on over to my local Sears store & buy a new saw. However, that's about $600 more than I was hoping to spend.
Are there any other sources in the world for replacement motors? I've googled the model & part numbers ti no avail. I was hoping someone here knew of another electric motor source.
THanks!

Have you tried taking the motor to a local small shop that rewinds motors ?
If you're in or near a fairly large city, you should be able to find an electric motor shop. Ask around some of the older hardware stores or check the yellow pages. I know there are several here in the KC area. You could always ship it to them if necessary.
steve

I live in the county seat of ~10,000 and we have 2. So they aren't rare.

Frank Rowe wrote:

Try Emerson Electric - they made it. http://www.gotoemerson.com/brands/pro_tools/br_pt_dp.html
--

dadiOH

Used radial arm saws are frequently given away, and more often sold cheaply on craigslist and similar places. Maybe it would be cheaper/easier to replace the whole saw.

I have a similar saw that is even older, but is made the same way. I am sure you checked but just in case: Have you checked for the thermal overload switch being popped? It must be reset manually.
Charlie

See if you can find a electric motor shop in your area. I had a motor repaired, it was also was a special purpose one. They rewound it with better wire and it performed much better then original.