Milwaukee battery recall

How old was the equipment?

Due to a thread last year in an electronics.repair group I keep my 19.2 volt Craftsman chargers on a timer to keep from overheating. SFSG. Several years old now. Seems to be a common problem. Having 7 tools, would have no choice but to replace or make my own.

Saw Chicago Pneumatic in the recall(was expecting lithium). For some reason associate that with Harbor Freight.

Reply to
Captain Midnight

Milwaukee has recall over 1 million 18volt batteries.

on the battery, right hand side.

Unfortunately my batteries are newer than that, even though they are all junk, I think I have bought my last Milwaukee tool. all three of my batteries have failed along with the charger. I did fix two of the batteries my taking them apart and soldering the broken spot weld on a battery tab.

BTW, Milwaukee is not an American company, owned by the Swiss, and no part of my 18V hammer drill kit was made in the USA.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

OOPS, old info

now owned by TTI

2005 January Acquired Milwaukee®,AEG® and DreBo® electric power tools and accessories brands and businesses.

1990 December Listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (stock code: 669).

1988 January Opened TTI?s first manufacturing facilities in Dongguan, PRC.

....end quote...

would appear to be Chinese.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Good grief looks like the only names they have missed are Sears and Binford. :-)

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Recall is from 1999 to 2004, go to the site and read the details. CP was owned by the same Swiss company back then. Looks like the SWiss still own them. Read my next post on who bought Milwaukee.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Don't have any. Just wondering as I always thought Milwaukee was a quality product. Used the standard 18V drill at work for a short period of time and liked it but the place closed down. Is the H-drill still holding up?

Reply to
Captain Midnight