Milwaukee battery recall

Milwaukee has recall over 1 million 18volt batteries.
http://www.milwaukeetool.com /
click on the battery, right hand side.
Unfortunately my batteries are newer than that, even though they are all junk, I think I have bought my last Milwaukee tool. all three of my batteries have failed along with the charger. I did fix two of the batteries my taking them apart and soldering the broken spot weld on a battery tab.
BTW, Milwaukee is not an American company, owned by the Swiss, and no part of my 18V hammer drill kit was made in the USA.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.

How old was the equipment?
Due to a thread last year in an electronics.repair group I keep my 19.2 volt Craftsman chargers on a timer to keep from overheating. SFSG. Several years old now. Seems to be a common problem. Having 7 tools, would have no choice but to replace or make my own.
Saw Chicago Pneumatic in the recall(was expecting lithium). For some reason associate that with Harbor Freight.
On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 12:53:09 -0400, "Captain Midnight"

was owned by the same Swiss company back then. Looks like the SWiss still own them. Read my next post on who bought Milwaukee.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Don't have any. Just wondering as I always thought Milwaukee was a quality product. Used the standard 18V drill at work for a short period of time and liked it but the place closed down. Is the H-drill still holding up?

OOPS, old info
now owned by TTI
http://www.ttigroup.com/investors/milestones.php
...quote...
2005 January      Acquired Milwaukee,AEG and DreBo electric power tools and accessories brands and businesses.
1990 December      Listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (stock code: 669).              1988 January      Opened TTIs first manufacturing facilities in Dongguan, PRC.
....end quote...
would appear to be Chinese.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Good grief looks like the only names they have missed are Sears and Binford. :-)
Derek