Makita MODEL NO. 2012NB (Planer/Thicknesser - Wood))

Someone has asked me to take a look at:

Makita MODEL NO. 2012NB (Planer/Thicknesser)

and I wondered if anyone here has experience of this unit?

Fault (its the 240v UK model) is that it blows fuse on start.

Cutter and motor spin freely and brushes are fine. So my guess the

fault is the motor control circuit, does anyone know if the machine

needs any major dismantle to get at the motor control circuits

effectively? Any special tools to re-align etc..?

I asked in metalwork n/g with no result is this the right group to be

asking in?!!

TIA. C+

Reply to
Charlie+