bottle jack

I have a bottle jack ( I think 6 tons ). When I go to jack up something, it will slowing start to lower, causing the jacked item to lower also. The jack has only been used several times. Do I have to "bleed" any air out of it or should I be doing something else with it? It's definitely too late to return it. Please help!

Reply to
Al D

Sounds like the valve isn't closing all the way.

Tip it >I have a bottle jack ( I think 6 tons ). When I go to jack up something, it

Reply to
ibanez.biz