Air compressor help!!

Hello, I have 2 Craftsman compressors giving me the same problem. They are as follows:
Model: 919.167240 - 15 gallons - 150PSi. Model: 919.165500 - 33 gallons - 135PSi.
The motors/engines work but the gages don't report any pressure. Also, after close inspection It appears to be that the tanks are in great condition. Both these items are relativeley new and I was wondering if anybody in this forum can suggest a way to troubleshoot these items. I called Sears and they say they would charge me $57.99 + parts for a minor repair or $97.95 + parts for a major repair.
Please assist. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Jay
It's probably just the cheap indicators that Sear's has become famous for attaching to just about all of their tooling/equipment that requires an indicator to the user. Oxy/Ace regulators are the same, exchanged an oxygen cylinder 2 seperate times because the indicator showed the cylinder was dead. Finally bought indicators from an independent attached them to the regulators and bingo. The quality of anything Craftsman is questionable, they seem to be more interested in producing "gadget" or "gimmick" tools rather than being focused on the quality of the brand as they once were.

Well, I decided to pop open the pump/motor compartment on my 919.167240. I think I found the problem. The "Timing Belt" is broken (Part AC-0815) was broken. I went to sears online and found out the price is $9.95 for the replacement. I guess this would explain why despite the motor turning no pressure would build up in the tank. Anyways, this leads me to my next question. Is installing the timing belt as simple as running it through both gears, or is it more than I'm anticipating. Please advise!!
Thanks!!
Jay
[...]
just pop the belt on you will be find it more of a drive belt