ACE Hardware ripoff

Get this: the day after Thanksgiving, ACE Hardware had a big, advertised sale, and just about everything had mail-in rebates associated with it, making for lots of great deals (right). Thinking this would be similar to mail-in offers at other stores, I bought lots of the rebate goodies and carefully sent in my receipt and UPC symbols. Apparently I didn't read the tiny print, because ALL but ONE of my rebates was denied by ACE. I received an email saying "Household Limit Exceeded. Your rebate submission is invalid due to a limit of ONE rebate claim form per name, household, or address. We are sorry but only one submission will be allowed." If this info was anywhere in their advertisement, it was in VERY small print, AND the store clerks said nothing to the dozens of us who were obviously buying all of the rebated items. What crooks!! BOYCOTT ACE HARDWARE, they are deceivers extraordinaire!!!!!

Reply to
Bob

Right, it's Ace's fault that you didn't read the terms and conditions of the rebate. What entitlement. Nearly every rebate ever offered by anyone has that limitation on it. Stop blaming your failure to pay attention on someone else.

Reply to
Anon