which boiler???!!

Hi

I need to replace a boiler in a four bed detached house,

current system is very old potterton boiler and tank

I considered the british gas solution of a high output boiler (their own make combi) to minimise pressure loss if the kitchen sink is used during a shower for example, but someone just told me a megaflowmight be better,

appreciate ideas on what the best solution would be....

cheers dave

Reply to
Aurther Calnan

A combi boiler may not be right for you because they are only really designed to heat one tap at a time. Also when the hot tap is on the heating will turn off until you have finished running it. The british gas boilers are another make with their name on it. i believe it is glow worm at the moment. Megaflows are an unvented cylinder and are subject to building control. Ideal boilers make a boiler called an Istor which delivers 35litres/m opposed to around 15litres/m on a combi. A megaflow will be around 35 litres/m too and you exsisting tank should be about 25litres/m. Also don't take the first quote as you may get a better deal from a local company that may even be an ex british gas employee.

Phil Smith

Reply to
Milkman