water pump wont keep up

I just got back from vacation and I have plenty of water pressure for like 3 minutes then it runs out. About 2 minutes after that the pump will kick on and I will have pressure again. What could be cause this?

A faulty pressure switch could be just one possibility, but we need more information to know for (almost) sure.
Eric