Water Leak Detection

I'm looking for a small switch that is sensitive to water, that can rest on a concrete floor raft, below foor boards which when in contact with a trace of water (water leak)will 'close' and allow me to connect to an alarm circuit.
Any help appreciated.
John
Don't know whether these US sources will help.
http://www.glentronics.com/water_alarm.htm http://www.wateralert.com /
Check with local security/alarm dealers; they sell this sort of stuff.
Perhaps build a switch out of a spring-loaded wooden clothespin, some nuts and bolts thru the gripping faces, and an aspirin or similar tablet separating the contacts.
John.N. wrote:

Thanks for the thought Bennet, sounds like a good idea.( your switch!).
Thanks John