Water heater has lime.

How can i clean out the lime. I opened the drain but the water coming out was clear. But i get lime in the strainers on my sink faucet.

Maybe it the dip tube breaking down. There was a period of time about ten years ago WH manufacturers used defective tubes. They break down slowly and clog aerators and such. It looks like a whitish grey material. Lime an other minerals usually sticks to the bottom of the tank and cause a rumbling bubbling sound when the burner is on.