Water Flow Regulator

I'm looking for a Water Flow Regulator.
I have a Well that has 1 1/2" Pipe and I want to feed a Tank. Though the Well has become erratic in its water supply and I can easily pump the well dry. I was thinking of waiting till I >need< a new Pump to replace the 1HP pump with a 1/2 HP pump. So in the mean time I want to limit the Flow from the Pump a bit so I don't pump as much from it.
I think it currently puts out 5-10 GPM. I would like to just limit it to 5GPM. I've seen these : http://www.plumbingsupply.com/flowregulators.html though it would be nice to see some Specs on them.
With my 1 1/2" pipe I would hate to have to shrink it down to 3/4" to get a reasonable price unit for 5GPM.
Any other Suggestions?
Thanks, Scott<-
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:51:09 -0700, "Scott Townsend"

Just restrict the flow so it never runs dry. Running dry is more harmful than restricting the flow.
What is the best way to restrict the Flow?
Thanks, Scott<-

Scott Townsend wrote:

Bypass some of the water back to the well instead sending it all to the tank. Adjusting a ball valve on the bypass regulates flow from the tee. This is easier on the pump then a restriction in the pump output.
Mark M.

I use the pumptec
http://www.franklin-electric.com/Prod_text/item8.htm