Water Branch to Workshop

I'd like to run water to a workshop that I'm building in my backyard. The closest I can get to my city water line before it comes into the house is approximately 125 - 150 feet. I believe that line going into my house is made of copper and is about 1 1/2 to 2 inch in diameter.
Can I use PVC pipe to tap into this line and what would be the optimimum diameter for the shop ? I plan to install a toilet and a sink.
What kind of fittings could I use to transition from this copper line to the PVC ?
Thanks, Ray

Unless you got a palace it's probably more like 3/4 to 1".

Use 1" PVC and bury one foot deep. ( For Louisiana) You could get by with 3/4 but go with 1" because it doesn't cost much more and because I said so. Heh.

Sweat a tee in the copper with a female adapter on the branch. Screw a PVC male adapter in. Put a valve box in the ground here with a ball valve for the shop branch.
MM
Mark,
Thanks for your reply....