Washerless taps with lake water

I need to buy new taps for the cottage where I'm updating the kitchen.
The old taps are simple tap-washer style and worked well with our gravity-feed water supply using lake water filtered only by some window screen. The storage tanks are metal and also produce some particulates (rust) especially after sitting for a while.
The problem I'm finding is that the better/more stylish taps are all a washerless design.
Any opinions on how well washerless facets would perform with water that contains particulates (and only about 5 psi pressure)? Would I be safer to stick with the cheaper tap-washer style taps?