Warning about Harden Faucets

This is just a message to alert anyone thinking about installing Harden or Harden-Fisher faucets in their home. These are very expensive faucets, and quite attractive, but, as I have discovered, of inferior quality, and the company DOES NOT stand behind their warranty.
I have a Harden polished chrome sink faucet, and after just a few years, the finish is chipping off on the handle, showing the brass beneath. This is a bathroom faucet, in a family of 3, and does not get hard use. I contacted the company requesting a replacement handle under their "lifetime" warranty on the finish, and they informed me that the "old" company went bankrupt, and all warranties are void. Despite the fact that the new company maintains the same name. They offered to sell me one replacement handle for $53. Outrageous!
Please take this experience into account when selecting faucets for your home or contracting job. Paying top dollar does not get you top quality, and you don't want to deal with a company that will not stand behind its products.
-Susan
Faucets Kitchen Bath
I know this and am glad a customer said it. Those faucets are crap. I don't care how much they cost. No doubt the mark up is sky high. I am to the point now in my carrer that if it isn't Moen or Delta I tell them I'm not installing it. In my younger years I would install anything but why should I now. People are so easily dupped by these high priced items thinking the more they pay the better it must be. Think again folks. Although I know there are plenty of other plumber who will install this crap. Be my guest.
On 22 Sep 2003 05:12:32 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Susan) wrote:

On 9/22/03 snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Susan) complains

Not true....they make a quality product...

Once again this is untrue. Susan it seems you and just about everyone I speak to seems to think that most manufacturers have a "lifetime warranty" on every component of the faucet. This simply is incorrect.
For instance Moen has a 'Limited Lifetime Warranty', however that lifetime warranty is only on the control (or cartridge) and the finish on "Lifeshine" faucets but only to the original purchaser when the product is used in residential applications.

In the case of Harden warranties, only part of what you state is correct. While it is true Harden is now owned by Fisher and doing business under the name Harden-Fisher, to the best of my knowledge (we've been a Harden dealer for almost 20 years) Harden did not go bankrupt, there was an asset sale to Fisher. I've had NO problems getting legitimate warranty problems handles.
Hardens general warranty informations states the following:
HARDEN Industries reserves the right to change, modify or alter its warranty or products. Please refer to the warranty sheet included in each specific HARDEN Industries product package for the limited finish warranty, limited valve warranty and any restrictions.
The problem is Harden made several lines of products (Harden, All Brass, A6 and CCC just to name some) over many years. Some had one year warranty on "manufacturing defects" other 3 years, and some now have a lifetime warranty on some finishes, but they all exclude damage due to misuse, negligence, accident or faulty installation.
Do you still have the warranty info that came in the product package? If so AND it states there is a liftime warranty on the finish for the handle and no abuse, negligence, etc are obvious, demand a warranty replacement (you have to get an Return Goods Authorization and return the original before they will send you a replacement). If you no longer have the original product warranty documents you're out of luck.
However that doesn't mean they won't stand behind the warranty, it only means you have no proof your product has a warranty and they're not going to assume it does just to accomodate you.
If you'd like additional help and have the warranty documents from the product package I will try to be of assistance to help resolve the problem with Harden-Fisher. Email me at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com and I'll tell you how to proceed.
Doug
Let me guess... you sell these faucets and are not a contractor.
On 23 Sep 2003 22:51:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSalute (PLUMBGURU2) wrote:

On 09/24/03 steve snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com responds:

Yes I sell them, I said I am a dealer

Yes I am a contractor. Have been for more than 25 years.
We've sold and/or installed hundreds of Harden Faucet over that time.
Doug