vertical wet venting

Dear Readers,
My locality recently switched to the I.P.C. I want to tie in a washing machine on the basement floor to the 2" drain/vent for my kitchen sink. Can I re-vent the washing machine (basement) above the drain for the kitchen sink (1st floor) and be OK with code or will I need to put another hole in my roof? Thanks for any insights. It seems like reventing above the drain should be fine, but it's not very clear to me.
I have been doing some more reading. An easier way to comply with code requirements seems to just use an air admittance valve (aav). Does this look right? Thanks again for any insights.
| | 2" vertical vent to roof | | ----Horizontal branch to Kitchen (1st floor) | | | | AAV (>4" abv trap) | | -------|_|--- new branch to Washer (basement) | | 2" drain into slab that connects with main.
Nah, if its a ' cheater ' vent you just tie it in 6" above the highest rim. An Air Gap is used on washing machines.
The sink must be vented to stop backups, odors and so on.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 07:31:49 -0700, Rald wrote:

Yes, you can use an air admittance valve as long as it is in a accesible location. You also could revent the washing machine above the flood level rim of the kitchen sink.
Yes you could do this BUT... Don't be surprised if when you drain a full sink or run your dishwasher, you get a glugging sound from the washer stand pipe. With this setup you will allow air to enter the vent to protect the washer trap from vacuum but the valve will not let air out from the high pressure in front of the slug of water from the kitchen. And that is why I will not use them. Having done service in new houses with these installed in them, the biggest complaint is the weird noises in the drains. (And for those that want to pay for it, when I run a proper vent, the noise goes away.) Dale