Toilet scratch/stain help

My husband snaked our toilet and in doing so, the snake or its housing scratched up and stained the toilet bowl in a few places. Anyone have any advice how to remove those scratches/stains.
Please reply privately to snipped-for-privacy@nospambestweb.net (remove the words nospam from the address before sending)
Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about the scratches. This is a common problem using toilet augers. The stains may be lessened somewhat with bleach. Replacing the toilet is really the only option if the condition is bad enough.
(remove the words

remove water from bowl then try a fine sand paper it usually works but takes some elbow grease also try it first in a spot where you cant see for a test
(remove the words

do not use sand paper on your toliet jeezzzzzzzzzzzzz .get water out with a spounge then use ajax and a washcloth and screub for a sec it will come out
(remove the words