Toilet clogs frequently

My 6yr old 1gal toilet (Mansfield I believe) clogs too easily. Pretty embarasing when it happens to guests. I'd like to replace it with something more reliable. I thought about one of those pressurized toilets but they are too loud. Any recommendations?

Thanks, Luke

Reply to
Luke Packard

it might not be the toilets fault. make sure thats the "real" problem first.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Thanks for the reply. The toilet is on the first floor and my house (6yrs old) is on septic. I had the septic pumped a couple years ago and have not experienced any other problems. I'm not sure how to easily determine whether the problem lies elsewhere. Have you got any suggestions?

Reply to
Luke Packard

first two things to look for is the pitch of the drain and the vent. Make sure vent is working. How does the tub drain? or the sink? Does the toilet flush right with nothing in it? Did it ever work?

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Mansfield actually builds a pretty decent toilet. I'm doubtful it's the toilet. But here are some things to check.

Use a closet auger on that toilet. If the end of the auger comes back with any wax stuck to it, it means whoever installed the toilet got that wax seal a little off-center and it's restricting your flow. The auger will also remove any other types of blockage.

Also check along the lip in the toilet. There are a bunch of little holes all around the underside of that lip. Use a small nail and make sure all of those holes are clear. Also make sure the jet in the bottom of the toilet is clear (the small hole...not the waste hole)

Reply to
Blackbeard