Toilet Backup Problem

I live in a highrise condo. I have had a few toilet backups which clear after a few plunges with the toilet plunger,on some occasions it has taken more than a few plunges to clear. On one occasion I have had a serious overflow The property management have removed the toilet and used a snake to attempt to fix the problem, to no avail. I still am getting toilet backups. Management removed a "Y" section of pipe which takes the waste from my apartment to the main stack, (pipe). The plumber showed this "Y" section to me and said " you can see it is clear". There was a certain amount of crud buildup insid the walls of the "Y" section. The plumber removed a section of wall from my kitchen and cut a section of pipe from the vent pipe to check for blockages. The vent pipe was clear. The building I live in is 36 years old. I live on the 17th floor of a 23 storey 300 unit apartment building. The property manager is trying to tell me the problem is mine! Q: Is there a way of calculating the percentage of restriction of water/waste flow through a pipe of a given inside diameter, with a given amount of scale/crud/dirt buildup on the inside walls of the pipe. Any help on this matter.(No Pun Intended), would be greatly appreciated. Please reply to group or directly to snipped-for-privacy@idirect.com

Reply to
mlane

llump41