Sump Pump ?

Hello,

My question is that between the drain line and sump bassin the water is leaking. I can feel with my hand that the drain line does not a perfect fit or tight fit, consequence the pump is pumping water out every 10 to 15 min.

Lately the weather has been mild with some snow fall and heavy rain. I am takings step to have the downspouts farther away from the house and also the drain pipe. Some landscaping with a better slope away from the house will have to be done also in the spring.

My questions are should there be a tight fit between the drain pipe and the pump bassin and if so could I correct it with a waterproof compound? Or am I looking at creating an another problems?

Any suggestion??

Thanks in advance for your advises.....

Merry christmas and happy new years

Rick

Reply to
Richard Cloutier

"Richard Cloutier"

Is the sump basin collecting ground water? If it is, then the loose drain isn't such a big deal, since it's ground water that's coming in. The issue might be that dirt and pebbles might be getting in.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is. The ground water is coming in right underneath the drain line and the sump bassin. I do periodic check to monitor the amount of water that pour in. So far there is a little change in the amount of water that comes in and it is only water so far ..no peebles or dirt. I went to Home Depot this afternoon and I bought a hose to extend the outside drain line farther away from the house. Hoping this will help....

Thanks

Rick

Reply to
Richard Cloutier

"Richard Cloutier"

I'm assuming you mean that the leaking pipe is the drain INTO the pit, and not the pump discharge pipe, right?

I'm also assuming that what drains into the pit from the pipe is from the foundation drain, and not from inside plumbing, right?

Reply to
Mike Grooms