Strapping Rather Than Isolating Code Question

I am doing a remodel and am so frustrated. I bring a plumber up who is licensed with 30+ years of experience and ask him to move a shower assembly over a few inches. He bores a couple of holes in a stud to run a couple of

45's through to move the water lines over. No problem, except a double joint like that may be a leak waiting to happen. But he doesn't bore straight and ends up not being able to fit an isolater into the hole so he has to strap it. I thought that you could not have copper touching wood and any time it passes through wood it has to be isolated with a nylon bushing. Is this acceptable to you folks?
Reply to
Michael Roback

"Michael Roback"

Blow it out your butt, and never, never question a plumber. You're worrying about nothing.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

No code against copper touching wood. And lets see, hmm. we consider 45's to be offset fittings.... and he used them to make a 2" offset.... Maybe Pmartian will have some advice for you as I don't.

Reply to
Dale Wilcox

You're frustrated because you have the conceit to think you know more than the plumber doing the work. Best thing for you to do is be quiet and pay the bill. If you have problems later, then you can start bitching.

Reply to
Mark Monson

There should be something in the code that allows us to us a 14 upside thier head in such cases. kenny b

Reply to
kenny b

Reminds me of a job my boss sent me to. Guy is remodeling a house, wants some water lines moved around in the crawl space. He starts saying, "Now, I want the pipes to be straight." I say, "I do professional work." Then he says, "Right. Everybody says that."

So I'm already irritated by this worm. As he continues explaining the job it becomes obvious he's a prima donna who thinks he knows everything better, except really he's just an insecure control freak. He's confused about what he wants me to do. I ask him like four times and he finally starts yelling at me, some incoherent babble. I yelled back, "Don't you f***n raise your voice to me. I deserve as much respect as you do. I am not your little bitch to yell at. If you can't talk in a repectful way, we will pack it all up and leave. You can call the boss if you like."

He stared at me for a few seconds and then pointed to the door. I told my helper to grab the stuff and we loaded the truck and left. Later, the guy called my boss and told him about the incident. He apologized for his behavior. My boss didn't give me any crap about it and he ended up finishing the guy's house himself.

Reply to
Mark Monson