squeaky pipes

I recall seeing a home improvement show that used a sort of a sleeve that should be used when drilling copper pipes through the wood framing to prevent squeaks but I can't find them . The idea is to frill the hole slightly bigger , install this sleeve and then slide the copper pipe through . It prevents the copper from rubbing against the wood . If I can't find them I was going to squirt some foam in a can around the hole to keep the pipe from touching the wood . Any ideas where I can find this product would be appreciated . thanx Ron
I know a hydronic heating guy who takes two hole plastic straps made for copper pipe and cuts the nailing ears off, so he ends up with a split plastic sleeve. He then inserts this into the hole in the stud in the way you describe.
Mark

should be used when drilling copper pipes through

frill the hole slightly bigger , install this

from rubbing against the wood . If I can't find them I

from touching the wood . Any ideas where I can find

http://www.plumbest.com/searchenginevisitor.html?http%3A//www.plumbest.com/catalog/c51.htm
You gotta love google , you can find just about anything there ! thanx Ron

That's the one. #H28.

that
is to

pipe
Try this http://www.pipetytes.com/isolator.html
they first came out by LSP (think thats right)in a yellow cream color, they made the bushings for 1/2" & 3/4", wrap around flat and wrap around side mount. They work great. I think Oaty also makes them now in a gray color. For the bushings you'd drill a 1-3/8" hole then insert the bushing around the pipe. If you do find and use them on hydronic heating don't forget to leave room for expansion of the copper. (leave the ends free at the change of direction for movement) kenny b