Sprinkler Pump Problem

My sprinkler pump was leaking so fixed the leak and now I can't get the pump to suck the water from the well again. The pump works and I can get the air tank to about 20 PSI by adding water through the prime plug while the pump is working. At about 20 PSI the water starts coming back through the prime plug and I have to close it. The air pressure stays at 20 PSI and there is no water coming from the well. How can I get the pump back to work again? Here is a picture of my system:

Thanks, Jack

Reply to
JackpipE

The pump is probably sucking air from somewhere. I would look at what you took apart in the suction side piping, especially that compression coupling.

Mark M.

Reply to
Mark M.