size of water supply line

my home sits 400 feet from the water meter. the supply line is 3/4 inch pvc. from the meter there is a 25 foot drop to the bottom of the hill then it rises 25 foot to the top of the next hill. what size should my supply line be? i am thinking of using a 2 inch line to within 25 feet of the house then reducing to 3/4 inch. will this increase my gpm? this is a old house built in the sixties i cannot use the water faucet at the bottom of the hill if we are using water in the house due to the loss of volume/ presure. the main reason for this questioning is that i plan on installing an irrigation system but when i checked my water flow it was only 6-7 gallons per minute i am trying to get around 20 gpm. tahnks

going bigger is never a bad idea. call your water company since the low flow trouble might be from them if say their neighborhood supply line is too small or sediment filled...
irrigation systems are zoned because few have enough flow and pressure
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

hey thanks for the advice.