Sewer gas smell - Update

I posted on 1/31 that I was having a periodic sewer gas smell in the basement of our less than 1 year old home and got some good responses. I thought I would post what ended up being wrong.

There was a 3" vent pipe for the 1/2 bath that was open to the basement. A smoke test showed the leak almost immediately. The vent was hidden behind the heating ducts. The plumbers capped it off. No more bad smell.

Thanks to all who replied,

Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart

"Napalm Heart"

Yeah, that's what I thought it'd be. I just didn't want to say.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Reply to
Runningwater

whatever napalm, we know you make this shit up anyway. Go torture some inmates pig.

Reply to
NedFlanders

Torture inmates? Yeah, right. That might be the way you would do it, not the way I do. With your attitude, you'll likely see it first hand.

How appropriate of an addy for you - Mr. Stinky.

Reply to
Napalm Heart

muhahah

Reply to
NedFlanders

Finally, a comment from you that approaches something intelligent.

Reply to
Napalm Heart