Sewage Drain Pipe

I'm installing a new toilet in workshop. The footing for the foundation will be about 12" deep. Can I/Should I run the drain pipe in the same footing trench. I could bury it just below the concrete with the appropriate grade or I could imbed it inside the concrete in the footing.

My reason for this is so I don't have to dig another trench for the drain pipe.

What are your thoughts on this.

Thanks, Ray

Reply to
Ray

Running pipe in the footing is verboten. Running pipe underneath and parallel to the footing is verboten. Crossing underneath the footing at a right angle is ok. Going through the footing at a right angle is ok provided you use a sleeve of larger pipe (actually two pipe sizes larger is code but don't worry about that).

Reply to
Mark Monson