Seeking Chocolate Brown Toilet (Tank?)

I'm helping my dad replace an unrepairably-cracked American Standard BROWN toilet tank. Sadly, the color is no longer manufactured by the firm. I'm searching the net for hard-to-find fixtures but so far...nothing. He wants to stay in the color scheme as the toilet matches the bidet and tub.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where I might continue looking? I'd purchase a tank (if I find someone selling "parts") or the entire toilet. Thanks.

Reply to
Rick_in_L.A.

Buy any white toilet you can find (I personally like Toto). Take the toilet into pieces (ie, remove all the parts from the tank so all you have left is porcelain). Take the tank to one of your local ceramic shops. They can help you make a glaze-match for the toilet. Simply paint the white toilet with glaze and have your friendly ceramic shop fire the bowl and tank for you. Presto....a toilet custom colorized to anything under the sun that you can imagine...even chocolate brown.

Reply to
Blackbeard

BlackBeard, What a Great Idea! That goes in my little book of "I gota have this but it don't exist" solutions. Dale

Reply to
Dale Wilcox

Thanks for this idea, Black. We'll give it a shot.

Reply to
Rick_in_L.A.

Yeah, in alt.airbrush they spray on ceramic to repair antiques. I've seen repaired work and cannot tell you where the crack was ! However, you need a large kiln to bake it.

Reply to
Red Jacket

Blackbeard wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have to agree. That is a terrific idea. I can't wait to be someones hero with this. You are a genius Blackbeard.

Reply to
Champagne Jan